Namaste all our Visitors, Volunteering Nepal you welcomes to Our Site !!
Welcome to Volunteering Nepal. This website provides a complete information on volunteering & internship projects abroad, that are available in Volunteers Initiative Nepal. This site is owned and maintained by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) to promote volunteering & internship projects worldwide. VIN is a Nepal based volunteer organization trusted by more than 1000s of volunteers & interns worldwide, who visit us for Volunteering in Nepal.
We are a non-religious, non-political, non-governmental, non-for-profit organization (NGO) made up of, educationalists, social activists and other professionals within the field of development. VIN is officially registered under the Society Act with the District Administration Office Kathmandu (Registration No. 147/062/63), and is also affiliated to the Social Welfare Council Nepal (SWC) (Affiliation No. 20910). Volunteers work with us for volunteering in Nepal.
We are a professional Organization. We are a member of international volunteer networks worldwide –like Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), Network for Voluntary Development in Asia (NVDA), EU Volunteer ALLIANCE and we are also mother charity of FoVIN, US, NL, Australia and Singapore.
VIN prides itself on empowering the most marginalised communities of Nepal mainly Jitpurphedi, Kavresthali, Okhaldhunga etc. Since 2005 in coordination with local and international members we have organised volunteering opportunity for volunteers for volunteering in Nepal.
Our mission is to empower marginalized communities, with a focus on women and children, through enhanced educational programs and community training to promote equality, economic well-being and basic human rights.
For this we mobilize all our national and international volunteers who joins VIN to volunteer in Nepal.
We have four development pillars viz Education, Health, Income and Basic Infrastructure. Volunteers get an opportunity to work in projects of any these pillars.
Experience in the field dictates that an inclusive and integrated approach to development is conducive to positive sustainable long-term change. Our organisation prides itself on having a dedicated full-time team, ensuring that communities receive the follow-up support required to transform short-term projects into long-term benefits. We don’t leave until we can see successful results in in the communities in which we operate.
We offer a variety of internship and volunteering programs in Volunteering Nepal to implement sustainable solutions which promote positive change for the lives of disadvantaged communities in Nepal. Volunteers will do various activities in the communities to take charge of their own development. We believe in building capacities through mutual relationships with communities based on trust and mutual understanding. Our programs take a holistic approach to development hinging these four main pillars. Volunteering in Nepal with VIN can make you select the most needed and good community, people and monastery for you.
By synthesizing local and international knowledge, We take a globally-minded and culturally sensitive approach to building the capacity of marginalized communities. We also manage volunteers for volunteering in Nepal for a social cause. They will have served the society, in the mean time volunteered as well.
We and our partners hope to achieve the following goals in Nepal through our volunteers who visit us for volunteering in Nepal:
- Make women self-reliant through a number of initiatives including literacy classes; income generation projects; saving and credits groups.
- Support and provide facilities facilitating the foundations of early childhood development.
- Provide basic health services, education & infrastructures through volunteer & internship projects and community health centers.
- Forming Children’s clubs within schools: a supportive non-formal environment through which children can learn about their basic rights through creative activities.
- Helping children who have suffered as a result of the conflict in Nepal to regain access to education.
- Sponsoring education for the disadvantaged including: orphans, victims of conflict and children from incapacitated families.
- Providing English language classes at youth clubs, with volunteer opportunities within their local community.
- Providing English teaching to school and within Buddhist monasteries and nunneries.
- Monitoring education standards, through teacher development workshops.
- Implementing resources and providing health care professionals to raise community awareness about pertinent health issues.
- Establishing a Community Learning Centre (CLC) which is open to all, with the aim to eradicate illiteracy and develop the professional capacities of the Nepalese.
- Supporting orphanages through both volunteer and financial support of education programs, and other fundamental necessities.
- Acquainting international volunteers with the riches of Nepali culture and ensuring a safe and memorable stay within a supportive environment.
- To provide safe affordable and structured volunteer work support for students and professionals.
Community-Based Volunteer Placements
All volunteers in Nepal participating in the community-based projects will be paired with a local host family. This unique cross-cultural experience is great opportunity for volunteer immersion at a grassroots level and a chance to appreciate sharing the lifestyle of those you wish to help.