You can help our disadvantaged communities by participating in our trekking and travel programs. All the profit out of the trekking service will go towards our projects targeted to the women and children and community health program. So think giving back while you are traveling. Help VIN to help the most marginalised communities in Nepal.
Annapurna Base Camp (ABC)
Annapurna Base Camp Trek combines some of the most spectacular mountain
scenery, providing a fascinating insight into the modern hill life of
Nepal. This is unique trek along local trails, through forests, villages
and terraced farmland treats you to unparalleled mountain scenery,
surrounded by enormous glaciers giving you an inside experience into the
Nepalese life and culture. ABC classic trek formed by the staggeringly beautiful peaks of the
giants - Annapurna Himalayan, Glacier Dome, Gangapurna, Fang and the fishtail
peak of Machapuchare. Although there is only one entrance to the
sanctuary itself, we follow locally known, lesser-used approaches and
exit routes on our ABC Trek.
The vast amphitheatre of the Annapurna Sanctuary is encircled
by the famous Himalayan peaks – the 'fishtail' spire of Machapuchare
(6997m), Gangapurna (7454m), Annapurna 1 (8091m), the unclimbed Fang
(7647m) and Annapurna South (7273m). The only approach follows the Modi
Khola Valley through forests of oak, rhododendron and bamboo, passing
through local Gurung villages to a world of soaring peaks.
flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara takes us past three 8000m heights . We
start our Annapurna Base Camp Trek with a short drive from Pokhara to
Nayapul. We walk to a village by the Modi River, Birethanti(1000m).
Walking through oak forest we cross several side valleys, which run into
the Modi Khola, and climb a stone 'staircase' to the Gurung village of
Chomrong (2060m). Trekking past Hinku cave, we reach what is known as
the 'gate' into the Sanctuary – a pass between the spectacular peaks of
Hiunchuli and Machapuchare.
The glaciated and snow covered peaks of the Sanctuary form a
spectacular barrier .Dazzling views confront us as we trek up through
the last permanent settlements to the Machapuchare Base Camp (3729m)
where we are rewarded with superb views of 'Fishtail' mountain. While
here we will also visit the Annapurna South Base camp.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Summary
Duration: 16 days Trek days: 14 days Hotel: 2 nights in Kathmandu and 1 night in Pokhara, Maximum altitude: 4130m
Dates: 1st and 15th of each month or customized dates
The ABC Trekking Program Price Includes
- Airport pick up and drop off: International;
- Accommodation at budget hotel in Kathmandu;
- Round trip bus fare from Kathmandu to Pokhara and onwards journey;
- An experienced guide and a porter (shared with other trekker);
- Your food and accommodation during the trek ;
- Food (Breakfast, lunch, dinner) and accommodation for your guide, porter during the trek;
- Salary, insurance for your guide and porter;
- All trekking and climbing related fees as required
- Half day sight seeing in Kathmandu to world heritage sights; Patan darbar Square, Pashupati, Baudhnath, Swyambhu (monkey Temple.
Prices Exclude :
- Round trip international air fare to and from Nepal;
- Food and accommodation if flights gets delayed due to bad weather before or after the trek days.
Extra personal expenses for food, water;
Entry Visa fees ($40 for a month);
Travel and medical Insurance;
Tips for guide and porter
Soft / hard drinks
Gifts for staff
All money saved out of the service will go to VIN established projects to empower the most disadvantaged community
in Nepal. Thank you choosing VIN trekking program.