VIN's youth program has a three-fold aim: to prepare the youth of Nepal for all future endeavors by enhancing their social and professional life skills; as well as developing confidence within them, in order to help them deal with all problematic situations; and to get them to be an integral part of the women’s and children’s empowerment movements. The collective aim is therefore to encourage the youth to be a part of VIN's endeavor to bring changes into the communities. By giving the youth this opportunity to take initiative VIN is preparing them for a future career where the similar drive and willpower may be necessary. This program is one that will make the young, socially responsible. VIN's aim is to:
• Develop life skills in youth and deploy them for the local community development process.
• Equip and provide volunteers with a platform to link their academic learning into practical life.
• Provide vocational skills for those who missed school education or dropped out from their education.
• Make youth more proactive with regard to social transformation and fighting against existing discrimination.
• Provide volunteering opportunities in the local, national and international levelWhat can a volunteer do?
• Conduct English Language classes at the local community;
• Conduct workshops on career development topics such CV writing, interview skills, Formal letter writing etc;
• Help them plan for their monthly activities;
• conduct vocational and technology training;
• Conduct life skills training such as - decision making, problem solving, coping with stress, communication;
• Organize competitive activities such as quizzes, debates, speeches, master of ceremony (MC), interactions;
• Organize visits to resourceful places. What is the current program for youth?
VIN has set up a local youth club at Jitpur community representing all youth from the community. A variety of activities are conducted at this to empower the rural community youth. This has been a great platform for the local youth to get involved in career development. You can learn more about this here
VIN has been in the international network of “On Youth Hands
”. There are six countries involved in this network. The network was first established in December 2007, pursuing educational and social purposes. This network does the following:
• It promotes intercontinental cooperation and support between three continents: Europe, Africa and Asia.
• It encourages an exchange of ideas
• It is orientated towards developing countries, such as Nepal and Cape Vert
The shared and promoted values are:
- active citizenship
- social inclusion
- social responsibility
The new millennium development goals accent upon achieving universal primary education, promoting gender equality, empowering women, ensuring environmental sustainability, and establishing a global partnership for development. The members of the network are the following:
• APoWeR - Association for the Promotion of Women in Romania (coordinator),
• “Politehnica” University of Timisoara (Romania),
• CKU - Centre for Continuing Education (Poland),
• Youth Centre in Sopot (Poland)
• DSP Center - Center for Developing of Social Programs and Social Entrepreneurship (Slovenia)
• INDE – Intercooperation and Development CRL (Portugal)
• ABC – Association Friends of a Common Cradle (Cape Vert)
• VIN - Volunteers Initiative Nepal