Home > Program Fees
Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization and has not been funded by any organizations. VIN is proud to offer all of the services, that our competitors offer, at a very special economical price.
VIN's program fees are at least two to three times less then other International volunteer organizations.
We are a Nepal based organization and we place volunteers directly to our own projects. We therefore do not have to pay for any other agencies or organizations. We have mainly local staff and volunteer; do not have to spend that much for the operation cost. Our full time staff are however paid reasonable salaries in Nepali standard; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteers where it counts the most.
That is the reason, VIN volunteering programs are the most affordable programs in Nepal compared to other organizations of its kind. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the programs and the safety of all volunteers involved. Our program fees starts from 240€. They vary depending on the program and the length of stay. Any money saved out of the program fees, directly goes to pay our program staffs and community projects. Our all programmes are funded through volunteers' supports. Here is a brief summary of the program fees that VIN offers
Program Booking Fee: €75 - is a non refundable fee which covers processing your application and pre-departure support and is not deductible from program fees.
Volunteer Program Cost Structure In EURO
||Program duration in weeks / Program fees in Euro (€)
||Teaching English at Community Schools
||Child Care: Early Childhood Development Center
||Children's Clubs Facilitation
||Office Administration & Management
||Environment and Agro forestry
||Fundraising and Grant Writing
||Language / Culture / Home Stay
||Child Care: Orphanage Home
||Construction & Manual Work
||Working with deaf & disabled people
||Community Health & Medical Care
||Teaching English at Buddhist Monastery
||Volunteer & Trekking
||4 to 5 weeks program
||€50 for each additional week volunteering
||Volunteer Travel & Tour
||4 to 5 weeks program
||€50 Euro for each additional week volunteering
||Program duration in weeks/Program fees in Euro (€)
||Health & Medical Elective
||Community Health Education
||Women's Empowerment & Studies
||Environment & Conservation
||Any Other Research Internship
Please read the following information carefully before you book your position:
The program fee covers:
- The program costs are reviewed in every July to adjust the inflation rates. Convert costs in your currency Click here
- To book a volunteer / internship placement with us, you should pay $100 using Paypal Click here online or bank transfer as stated below. This amount is for processing your application; pre departure support and ensures your arrival at VIN and NOT deductable from program fees. We only accept payment once you are accepted for the program.
- Up to 20 % discount for Group Volunteering for 5 plus group members.
- If you wish to work for more than one placement, then you are required to pay €50 extra to cover our extra logistic work.
- Program Induction (Please watch our Program Induction Video, click here to learn what to expect): 2 start dates are usually available each month. We start program induction 1st and 15th of each month. It varies from 1 to 3 days or even a week depending on program and length of stay. Induction period is considered part of your program period. If you wish to come in between for a short period, you will receive a basic orientation before the placement. Please arrive one day prior to the program induction date.
- Please read VIN's online "Terms and Conditions" before you confirm you placement;
- We accept only cash, (if you wish to pay by Paypal, there will be 5.5% extra cost to cover paypal cost and transfer fees). You can also pay in USD, Sterling Pounds and Australian dollars. Please do not loose value of your money twice changing your currency in your country.
The program fee excludes the following:
- Transportation: Pick up from the airport, to and from the project site/s;
- Pre-service: e.g. About VIN, Nepali language and culture, health talk, program orientation, e.g. teacher training -TEFL tips;
- One day sightseeing around Kathmandu, world heritage sites, e.g. Patan Darbur Square, Pashupatinath, Baudhanath Stupa;
- Accommodation at a budget hotel and lunch at VIN’s office during program induction;
- Accommodation and food during placement with a host family / hostel - Nepali standard 2 to 3 meals a day;
- Administrative charge;
- Stationeries during program induction;
- 24 hours emergency support;
- Regular follow up support / visit (1-2 week interval) by VIN's staffs;
- Support for local staff and volunteers and all other administrative costs;
- Support for ongoing VIN established projects in the community- (women’s empowerment, children’s development, community health, youth development);
- Online / off line program advertisement
- Free wireless internet at our office
Please use the following bank address to send money for VIN:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee - (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure);
- Visa (tourist) fee in US$:
15 days:- US$25
90 days: US$100
Per additional day:- US$2;
- Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Breakfast and dinner during program induction (€5 per day will be enough)
- Return transfer to airport -VIN staff can help you to drop you off the airport if you need help;
- Transportation during weekends travel;
- Entrance fees to the cultural Heritage - $22 max for main cultural sites;
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc If you are interested VIN can organize for you with affordable prices);
- Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $20 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN)
SWIFT CODE: EVBLNPKA
Current Account No: 02000105200185
Everest Bank Limited
Balaju, Kathmandu, Nepal
Remember: If you wish to pay using Paypal, then you should pay 5.5% extra for Paypal fees and transfer charges and you are required to cover the bank transfer fees, if you transfer to our above bank account.
Note: Once you start your placement, if you wish to discontinue in any reason, the programs cost you pay are not refundable.
VIN is solely funded through the Program Fees paid by volunteers like you. VIN receives no funding from other donor agencies. Independent donations are welcomed and will be applied toward various projects established by VIN. If you are interested in providing a donation, please use our online DONATE NOW button.
Thank you for reading and understanding!